26 August 2016
Dear valued members
DATA PROTECTION AT PALM RESORT
Kindly take note that the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) that governs the security and confidentiality of your personal data has recently come into effect and we, at Palm Resort are committed to protect the privacy of your personal data under the Act.
By becoming a member of Palm Resort, you are deemed to have consented and continue to allow Palm Resort to collect, use and disclose your personal data including the personal data of others provided by you ("Personal Data") for Palm Resort’s own use or to Palm Resort’s third party service providers and/or other relevant parties whether in Malaysia or otherwise for the purposes of carrying out any activity in connection to those stated below:
- Providing you products and/or services which you have subscribed for and notifying you about important changes or developments to the Palm Resort’s features;
- Updating and managing the accuracy of the Palm Resort’s records;
- Prevention, detection or prosecution of crime, and complying with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Assessment and analysis including credit/insurance-related factors, behavior scoring, market and product analysis and market research (if any);
- Cross selling, marketing and promotions including administering offers and competitions;
Communications and ensuring customer satisfaction through surveys to improve the quality of our products and services, responding to inquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- Determining the amount of your indebtedness and recovering of debt that is owed to the Palm Resort, either by Palm Resort personnel or through a third party;
- Maintaining your credit history for present and future reference;
- Protecting the Palm Resort’s interest and other ancillary or related purposes.
You can request to amend your Personal Data at any time. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 607-5996222 or email us at email@example.com for further clarification on this matter.
Chief Executive Officer